I’ve written before on this blog about simple gifts and “The Sanctity of Giving.” I love gifts, and I don’t believe opting out of holiday commercialism has to mean a moratorium on giving. This week I’m sharing a few suggestions from the Tangled Nest archives: craft projects that can bring a handmade simplicity to your holiday gift-giving. There is definitely still time to make anything listed below. It’s a curious paradox–when I’m super-busy, pausing to create something by hand makes me feel calmer instead of busier.
- Homemade Knitting Needles and a Pretty Scarf Pattern
- Hot Rice Bags with Fleece Covers to warm up your bed and your toes on those cold winter nights.
- My Favorite Knitted Hat Pattern
- DIY Rubber Stamp Labels – this post was about using them for jam jars, but think of the holiday possibilities!
- Sewing Simple Drawstring Gift Bags
(And when there just isn’t time for homemade, take a look at my 2011 holiday gift guide).
What are you making as gifts this holiday season?